Top Ten Favorite Debut Books
1. Twilight by Stephanie Meyer
2. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling
3. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
4. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
5. The Scarlett Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne
6. She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb
7. The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
8. Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
9. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
10. The Red Tent by Anita Diamant
I really hope these are the author's debut books. If not, my bad!
{I missed posting this on Tuesday by 30 minutes!! Arrgg!}













I've included several on my list that you also have yours such as the Secret Life of Bees; To Kill a Mockingbird. I completely forgot to include Harry Potter. Hunger Games is not a debut novel for Suzanne Collins. She wrote a very popular series called Gregor, the Overlander, though I think it is considered Junior Lit, not YA.
ReplyDeleteAnne
HeadfullofBooks
She's Come Undone - forgot about that book. If I remember correctly, I found it very disturbing but in a good way. A book to make you think after you've read it.
ReplyDeleteAnne, I knew at least a couple of them weren't debuts! :) I'll have to check out your blog.. looks like we have some good books we like in common!
ReplyDeleteBree, She's Come Undone was definitely different. But I really loved it. I think I read it first when I was a freshman in high school and it didn't really catch my attention. So I reread it and loved it.